Thank you to all that shopped, dined, played and volunteered for Community Day. We had another successful event and raised over $10,000 for our schools. Below are the details from Community Day 2011.
When: September 10, 2011
What: A day for our WHOLE community to come together to raise money for Scotts Valley public schools.
How to raise money: Have garage sales, bake sales and boost businesses so they can donate a percentage of their day’s proceeds.
How to help:
For September 10th:
Please email the following information to Gina Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 831-334-1640.
Our community came together on September 18, 2010 and raised over $14,000. for our schools. Thank you to everyone who participated, in anyway!
Community Day Our community came together to raise money for Scotts Valley public schools by shopping, dining, and playing at our local businesses. To read more about it see articles below.
We had neighborhood Garage Sale Sites with Leaders:
- Granite Creek Estates/Apple Valley
- Green Hills Estates
- Manana Woods
- Scotts Valley Heights
- Hacienda Drive
- Lunar Ct
- Twin Pines Road
- Whispering Pines Road
2. Shopping, Dinning and Playing was done at our local participating businesses.
Below is a list of the current businesses that participated.
- Canepa Design – 100% of group tours of the Canepa Motorsports Museum where race cars and motorcycles are on display. Included the showroom, museum and a special tour of the shop. $3/person suggested donation (all ages welcome).
- Elite Martial Arts Academy – 100% of proceeds from Bully Buster “How to Defeat the Bully Without Fighting” seminar. Pizza was served afterward. $20 one child, $10 each additional sibling.
- Epic Adventure Games – 10% of proceeds
- Little Mozarts 4 Fun – 100% of proceeds – Musical fun and games for all. Kids sang, danced and play musical instruments. Drop in classes were 40 minutes. Suggested donation $10 per student
- Mission Springs – 100% of proceeds – High Ropes Adventures – Zipline & Climbing wall at Frontier Ranch – $3 per person – Ages 4 and up.
- Scotts Valley Fire District – – All ages were welcomed to tour the fire station and learned all about our Fire District. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 7 Erba Lane.
- Scotts Valley Police Department - – All ages were welcomed to tour the police station and learned all about our Law Enforcement at 1 Civic Center Drive.
- Scotts Valley Tae Kwon Do Academy – 100% of all new student registration fees for the month of September.
- Wix, Candle and Soap Creations by You – 15% of proceeds when Community Day was mentioned
- Bruno’s Barbeque – 10% of sales
- Dawgs! – new sausage/hot dog restaurant – 10% of proceeds when Community Day was mentioned
- Jia Tella’s – 10% of sales
- Malone’s Grille – 20% of proceeds when Community Day was mentioned when placing an order in the Dining Room.
- Mint Fine Living & Fresh Bites – 10% of proceeds
- Mollies Country Cafe – 10% of proceeds for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza Take & Bake- $2 from every regular pizza ordered in Scotts Valley (no coupons allowed), when Community Day was mentioned.
- Round Table Pizza – 15% of sales on non-discounted/non-coupon sales in Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz Pasta Factory – 30% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Market – $1 for every sandwich purchased when Community Day was mentioned.
- Taqueria Los Gallos – 10% with mention of CD at either SV store (Mt. Hermon Rd and Victor Square)
- Togo’s – $1 will be donated for every combo (drink and chips) added to an order in Scotts Valley
- Tony & Albas – 20% donation in Scotts Valley when Community Day was mentioned
Desserts & Treats
- Aunt Lali’s Treats (Ice Cream Truck) – 10% of sales
- Baskin Robbins – 15% of proceeds
- Heather’s Made To Go (formerly Joe on the Go) – 15% of proceeds on all drink sales. Dogs will enjoy free dog treats. Those that spend time in the Coffee Garden Patio area will receive a free 1 scoop ice cream cone while supplies lasted.
- Yogizmo – 10% of proceeds when Community Day was mentioned
- Anderson Solar Controls – 10% of post rebate proceeds – called on September 18th to schedule an initial meeting.
- Brass Key Locksmith – $1 for every key duplicated (in Scotts Valley store only)
- Century 21 Showcase Realtors – Any sale that closed between Sept. 20th – Oct. 31st 2010 or anyone that calls to list or buy a home in that same period with participating agents will make a donation of the closed sale proceeds.
- Club One, Inc. – 100% of the Spinfest class- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Non Members are welcome to participate at no additional fee. Six rows of bikes. $20 donation for the first two rows, $15 donation for the middle two rows and $10 donation for the last two rows. After event, there will be a raffle to win some Club One Packages. Earn 1 raffle ticket for every $10 donation. Complete 2 hours of the Spinfest and receive 5 additional raffle tickets. In addition, all guest passes for the day were discounted to $10 with 100% of proceeds going for donation.
- DVD To Go – 20% of proceeds
- Elements Salon & Spa- 100% of in store raffle to win a massage or facial with a haircut or pedicure.
- Flying Crane Massage – 50% of proceeds (massage appointments recommended for 9/18 in Scotts Valley)
- Fringe Salon – 50% of proceeds from stylist Heidi Vollers
- Glow Nails – 15% of proceeds
- Hinde Chiropractic – 100% of proceeds for treatment
- Irish Eyes Beauty – 100% proceeds for eyebrow waxing and 100% proceeds on beauty products featured on the sidewalk sale
- Jesse Gabriel Photography – For the entire month of September, when Community Day was mentioned, received a free session fee and free 8×10 with any purchase and 10% of the proceeds was donated to the SVEF.
- Mermaid Skin Care – 25% of all facial waxing. Will be located inside Debutante Clothing Boutique in the Safeway shopping center.
- Rub A Dub Dog – 50% of the proceeds from self-serve dog washes with the mention of Community Day
- Scotts Valley Carpet Cleaning – Calls on September 18th to schedule a carpet cleaning received 20% off, with an additional 20% going to the SVEF.
- Scotts Valley Spa & Boutique – 10% of sales on service items (ie. massage, facial, pedicure/manicure, teeth whitenting)
- Scotts Valley Transmissions and Auto Care – For the month of September, received $10 off transmission services with the mention of discount code.
- Scotts Valley Window, Door and Skylight – 10% of net contract
- Skin Essence Spa – 15% of proceeds of all services (facials, massage, waxing, eyebrow shaping and spray tanning) from 9/18 – 9/20 (appointments made for Saturday, Sunday and Monday) and an in store raffle drawing for a basket of professional skin care products from Epicuren.
- Stylist Abby Duncan at Angles Hair Salon – 100% of proceeds from appointments on 9/18
- Tutoring Club of Scotts Valley – $50 for every student who comes in on Community Day and signs up for tutoring. Ongoing all year too!
- Zumba-thon – 50% of proceeds – a class at Gateway Bible Church. Instructor Michelle Bjorkman. $20 suggested donation.
- Business With Pleasure – 15% of sales plus 15% off any back-to-school supplies and 15% off any art supplies.
- Cali Style – 10% of proceeds with the mention of CD
- Cruz’n Cellular – 10% of proceeds
- Debutante Clothing Boutique – 10% of sales
- Insight Eyecare Center – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- King’s Paint and Paper – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- Mint Fine Living & Fresh Bites – 10% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 10% of sales of all services (shipping, copying, etc) and store items (books, artwork, greeting cards, school supplies, packing; shipping supplies, etc)
- Roudon-Smith Winery – 20% of sales – Winery hours were 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- San Lorenzo Floors – 20% proceeds on stock items (includes cleaning supplies, vinyl, etc)
- Scotts Valley Cycle Sport – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Feed – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Jewelers – 10% of sales and 100% of watch battery replacements when CD was mentioned
- Scotts Valley Rock & Landscape – 10% of proceeds and 10% discount to shoppers.
- Scotts Valley Window, Door and Skylight – 10% of net sales
- Treasures Fine Jewelry, Inc. – 5% of proceeds. Customers receive a 20% discount off all sterling silver jewelry
- William Clayton Greene Jewelers – 10% of proceeds. Receive a free Boardwalk token key ring with every purchase.
- Winchester Auto Parts – 10% of sales when community day is mentioned
- Zinnia’s Home & Garden – 30% of proceeds from all sale items and 10% of proceeds from all book sales.
Support local entrepreneurs offering a variety of products and services in one location at Bruno’s/Zyzyrgy Center – 230 Mt. Hermon Road suite 21 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Graphic Designer -Denise Stansfield
- Heartland Payment Systems – Rebecca Rounds, credit card processing
- Hoop Threads/Team Threads – Andrew Snelgrove – lifestyle and sports clothing. Team lessons, clinics and camps. 15% off all clothing purchased before Dec. 15, 2010. 20% off all clinics and camps entry fees, and 50% off of business sponsorships of Clinics and Camps.
- Joy4Sports – 10% of sales and 2% of website sales – Kelly Utic – offering athletic apparel for women: yoga,running, cycling, lifestyle, smarty pants & coobi bra’s.
- Pre-Paid Legal – TBD – Alan Smith, legal services
- My Personal Best Health – Linda Crouse – Sign up for Heart Screenings or DNA testing. After the appt and test completed a $25.00 donation directly to SVEF
- New Phoenix Rising – Lance Leonard
- Nutritionist – Terri Oberto
- Rodan and Fields – Suzanne DeLeon Independent consultant for skin care consultations and products. When you signed up as a Preferred Customer in the month of September; you will receive 10% off and free shipping on all orders for life.
- Safe Business Data – Traci Lund
- Snapdragon Services – 10% of sales – Jenn Gress, website services
- Willow House – 10% of sales – Brenda Sorensen, independent design consultant: A home-based business that shows through Simply Good Design how to create a home that’s beautiful and trend-setting with products that are stunning, practical, accessible AND affordable
Business and Individual Donations – thank you for your generosity and support