Come bring your friends, family and acquaintances to the 5th Annual Oktoberfest. There will be free children’s activities that include face painting, bounce houses, games, and more. Come see the Internationals live on stage here from Germany. Admission is $10.00 except for Veterans, Police, Fire Fighters and Children who are free. Come support your local community.
As of today we have raised $30k since May, towards our goal.
Stay tuned for a letter that will inform our families what kind of items will need to be cut next year if we don’t come up with our district’s goal of $950,000. It is really important to all work together to help raise funds and awareness of our current situation. Hopefully we can get a parcel tax, increase Dollar a Day fundraising and work on other alternative cost saving measures now, to avoid cuts later in the school year. Watch for an informative letter the first week of school.
Elite Martial Arts Academy is putting on a school supplies donation drive. At the front of their academy they have 5 bins with the different school’s names on them from the Valley. please donate pens, paper, glue, etc into them. The academy students who raise the most supplies for their school win a free pizza party for them and their friends to congratulate them on their generosity. Elite will then donate all the supplies on August 28 to each school. Contact with more questions 831-438-KICK (5425)
Elite continues to support SVEF with donations. Thank you Elliot and Elite Martial Arts Academy!
Community Day is day for our WHOLE community to come together to raise money for Scotts Valley public schools by shopping, dining, and playing at our local businesses. To read more about our Community Day event click here.
Saturday, September 18th
- Santa Cruz Sentinel
- Scotts Valley Times – August issue
- Press Banner Letter – Jim Reed, Scotts Valley Mayor – Friday, August 20, 2010
- Press Banner – Community Day approaches in SV – article – page 11 – Friday, August 20, 2010
- Scotts Valley Times – September issue – Front Page
- Press Banner – Friday, September 10, 2010
- Press Banner – Friday, September 17, 2010
- Santa Cruz Sentinel – Friday, September 17, 2010
- Santa Cruz Sentinel – Friday, September 17, 2010
1. City-Wide Garage Sales (homes) – 8:00 a.m – 12:00 p.m.
- Hold a garage sale, bake sale and/or lemonade stand and donate a portion of the proceeds to the SVEF.
- Donate goods for a garage sale (100% of proceeds will be given to SVEF).
- Show your support by printing out the flyer and hanging it during your Garage Sale.
Neighborhood Garage Sale Sites with Leaders:
- Granite Creek Estates/Apple Valley – (9am -12pm only) – off Granite Creek Rd. to Lauren Circle and then Taryn Ct.
- Green Hills Estates – off of Glen Canyon and Green Hills Rd to Sidesaddle Circle
- Manana Woods – Mt. Hermon to La Cuesta– one location is 241 El Sereno Dr
- Scotts Valley Heights – Mt. Hermon to Glen Canyon and up Oak Creek
- Skypark – off Mt. Hermon to Skypark Dr . – Navigator Dr., Piper Cub Ct., Aviator Ct., Skypark Dr.
- 553 Hacienda Drive (cross street Glenwood Dr.)
- 129 Lunar Ct (cross street Pinecone Dr)
- 159 Twin Pines Road (cross street Lockewood Dr.)
- 590 Whispering Pines Road (cross street Mount Hermon Rd)
For more information call Lori Gentile at 430-9680 or Gina Johnson at 334-1640
2. Shop, Dine and Play all day at our local participating businesses.
Below is a list of the current businesses participating and will be edited frequently as businesses are added and details are determined.
Don’t forget to mention Community Day to participating merchants to get Community Day bargains and to ensure that SVEF receives donations!
Fun for All
- Canepa Design – 100% of group tours of the Canepa Motorsports Museum where race cars and motorcycles are on display. Tours are one hour and times are 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. (no reservation needed) and include showroom, museum and a special tour of the shop. $3/person suggested donation (all ages welcome).
- Elite Martial Arts Academy – 100% of proceeds from Bully Buster “How to Defeat the Bully Without Fighting” seminar. Seminar is from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. with pizza served afterward. $20 one child, $10 each additional sibling.
- Epic Adventure Games – 10% of proceeds
- Little Mozarts 4 Fun – 100% of proceeds – Musical fun and games for all. Come sing, dance and play musical instruments with us. Drop in classes are 40 minutes and are at 10.30 a.m., 12.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. Suggested donation $10 per student
- Mission Springs – 100% of proceeds – High Ropes Adventures – Zipline & Climbing wall at Frontier Ranch (please wear closed-toed shoes) – 1:00 p.m – 4:00 p.m. $3 per person – Ages 4 and up.
- Scotts Valley Fire District – 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the fire station and learn all about our Fire District. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 7 Erba Lane.
- Scotts Valley Police Department – 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the police station and learn all about our Law Enforcement. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 1 Civic Center Drive.
- Scotts Valley Tae Kwon Do Academy – 100% of all new student registration fees for the month of September. Call 438-6068 for information.
- Wix, Candle and Soap Creations by You – 15% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Bruno’s Barbeque – 10% of sales
- Dawgs! – new sausage/hot dog restaurant – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Jia Tella’s – 10% of sales
- Malone’s Grille – 20% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned when placing an order in the Dining Room.
- Mint Fine Living & Fresh Bites – 10% of proceeds
- Mollies Country Cafe – 10% of proceeds for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Papa Murphy’s Pizza Take & Bake– $2 from every regular pizza ordered in Scotts Valley (no coupons allowed), when Community Day is mentioned.
- Round Table Pizza – 15% of sales on non-discounted/non-couponed sales in Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz Pasta Factory – 30% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Market – $1 for every sandwich purchased when Community Day is mentioned.
- Taqueria Los Gallos – 10% with mention of CD at either SV store (Mt. Hermon Rd and Victor Square)
- Togo’s – $1 will be donated for every combo (drink and chips) added to an order in Scotts Valley
- Tony & Albas – 20% donation in Scotts Valley when Community Day is mentioned
Desserts & Treats
- Aunt Lali’s Treats (Ice Cream Truck) – 10% of sales
- Baskin Robbins – 15% of proceeds
- Heather’s Made To Go (formerly Joe on the Go) – 15% of proceeds on all drink sales. Dogs will enjoy free dog treats. Those that spend time in the Coffee Garden Patio area will receive a free 1 scoop ice cream cone while supplies last.
- Yogizmo – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Anderson Solar Controls – 10% of post rebate proceeds – call on September 18th to schedule an initial meeting. Call 831-439-9448
- Brass Key Locksmith – $1 for every key duplicated (in Scotts Valley store only)
- Century 21 Showcase Realtors – Any sale that closes between Sept. 20th – Oct. 31st 2010 or anyone that calls to list or buy a home in that same period with participating agents will make a donation of the closed sale proceeds. Please call 831-438-8400 and ask for Shannon for a list or to request one of the participating agents.
- Club One, Inc. – 100% of Spinfest – 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Non Members are welcome to participate at no additional fee. Six rows of bikes. $20 donation for the first two rows, $15 donation for the middle two rows and $10 donation for the last two rows. After event, there will be a raffle to win some Club One Packages. Earn 1 raffle ticket for every $10 donation. Complete 2 hours of the Spinfest and receive 5 additional raffle tickets. In addition, all guest passes for the day are discounted to $10 with 100% of proceeds going for donation. Cash or check only please.
- DVD To Go – 20% of proceeds
- Elements Salon & Spa– 100% of in store raffle to win a massage or facial with a haircut or pedicure. Visit today to purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win.
- Flying Crane Massage – 50% of proceeds (massage appointments recommended for 9/18 in Scotts Valley)
- Fringe Salon – 50% of proceeds from stylist Heidi Vollers
- Glow Nails – 15% of proceeds
- Hinde Chiropractic – 100% of proceeds for treatment
- Irish Eyes Beauty – 100% proceeds for eyebrow waxing and 100% proceeds on beauty products featured on the sidewalk sale
- Jesse Gabriel Photography – For the entire month of September, when Community Day is mentioned, receive a free session fee and free 8×10 with any purchase and 10% of the proceeds will be donated to the SVEF.
- Mermaid Skin Care – 25% of all facial waxing. Will be located inside Debutante Clothing Boutique in the Safeway shopping center.
- Rub A Dub Dog – 50% of the proceeds from self-serve dog washes with the mention of Community Day
- Scotts Valley Carpet Cleaning – Call on September 18th to schedule a carpet cleaning and receive 20% off, with an additional 20% going to the SVEF. Call (831) 345-5102
- Scotts Valley Spa & Boutique – 10% of sales on service items (ie. massage, facial, pedicure/manicure, teeth whitenting)
- Scotts Valley Transmissions and Auto Care – For the month of September, receive $10 off transmission services with the mention of discount code Herbie.
- Scotts Valley Window, Door and Skylight – 10% of net contract
- Skin Essence Spa – 15% of proceeds of all services (facials, massage, waxing, eyebrow shaping and spray tanning) from 9/18 – 9/20 (appointments can be made for Saturday, Sunday and Monday) and an in store raffle drawing for a basket of professional skin care products from Epicuren.
- Stylist Abby Duncan at Angles Hair Salon – 100% of proceeds from appointments on 9/18 – Call 334-8250 to schedule
- Tutoring Club of Scotts Valley – $50 for every student who comes in on Community Day and signs up for tutoring
- Zumba-thon – 50% of proceeds – 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. at Gateway Bible Church. Instructor Michelle Bjorkman. $20 suggested donation.
- Business With Pleasure – 15% of sales plus 15% off any back-to-school supplies and 15% off any art supplies.
- Cali Style – 10% of proceeds with the mention of CD
- Cruz’n Cellular – 10% of proceeds
- Debutante Clothing Boutique – 10% of sales
- Insight Eyecare Center – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- King’s Paint and Paper – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- Mint Fine Living & Fresh Bites – 10% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 10% of sales of all services (shipping, copying, etc) and store items (books, artwork, greeting cards, school supplies, packing & shipping supplies, etc)
- Roudon-Smith Winery – 20% of sales – Winery hours are 12:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- San Lorenzo Floors – 20% proceeds on stock items (includes cleaning supplies, vinyl, etc)
- Scotts Valley Cycle Sport – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Feed – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Jewelers – 10% of sales and 100% of watch battery replacements when CD is mentioned
- Scotts Valley Rock & Landscape – 10% of proceeds and 10% discount to shoppers.
- Scotts Valley Window, Door and Skylight – 10% of net sales
- Treasures Fine Jewelry, Inc. – 5% of proceeds. Customers receive a 20% discount off all sterling silver jewelry
- William Clayton Greene Jewelers – 10% of proceeds. Receive a free Boardwalk token key ring with every purchase.
- Winchester Auto Parts – 10% of sales when community day is mentioned
- Zinnia’s Home & Garden – 30% of proceeds from all sale items and 10% of proceeds from all book sales.
Support local entrepreneurs offering a variety of products and services in one location at Bruno’s/Zyzyrgy Center – 230 Mt. Hermon Road suite 21 – 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Graphic Designer -Denise Stansfield – TBD
- Heartland Payment Systems – TBD – Rebecca Rounds, credit card processing
- Hoop Threads/Team Threads – TBD – Andrew Snelgrove – lifestyle and sports clothing. Team lessons, clinics and camps. 15% off all clothing purchased before Dec. 15, 2010. 20% off all clinics and camps entry fees, and 50% off of business sponsorships of Clinics and Camps.
- Joy4Sports – 10% of sales and 2% of website sales – Kelly Utic – offering athletic apparel for women: yoga,running, cycling, lifestyle, smarty pants & coobi bra’s.
- Pre-Paid Legal – TBD – Alan Smith, legal services
- My Personal Best Health – Linda Crouse – Sign up for Heart Screenings or DNA testing. After the appt and test completed a $25.00 donation directly to SVEF
- New Phoenix Rising – Lance Leonard – TBD
- Nutritionist – Terri Oberto – TBD
- Rodan and Fields – TBD – Suzanne DeLeon Independent consultant for skin care consultations and products. When you sign up as a Preferred Customer in the month of September; you will receive 10% off and free shipping on all orders for life.
- Safe Business Data – Traci Lund – TBD
- Snapdragon Services – 10% of sales – Jenn Gress, website services
- Willow House – 10% of sales – Brenda Sorensen, independent design consultant: A home-based business that shows through Simply Good Design how to create a home that’s beautiful and trend-setting with products that are stunning, practical, accessible AND affordable
Business and Individual Donations – thank you for your generosity and support
We have reached $22,000. for our Dollar A Day campaign! Lets keep working at it. You will soon see banners posted at each of the schools to show the progress through out the year of where we are on our fundraising goals. We are showing the goal of $950,000 for SVUSD, for the school year 20011_12. Hopefully that will be raised in many ways, not only through SVEF but we still will show the full goal for the district overall.
Tell your friends and neighbors to contribute, if they can. Next year it will only get harder to make cuts to a budget that is already way too low. Help where you can. You can go to our “Help Us” page to donate through PayPal, or send in a check to SVEF, 245-M Mt. Hermon Road, Box 150, Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Thank you to all of SVEF supporters!
We are happy to announce that our Christmas Tree Lot that we had in December brought in almost $15,000 net profit for our schools.
Again, we thank everyone that helped us to make that possible.
I’d like to thank everyone for supporting our Christmas Tree Lot. We sold out today, every tree on the lot! We really appreciate all of our volunteers and customers, we obviously couldn’t do it without you. We also want to put in a special thank you to the Scotts Valley Kiwanis group for everything they did, and our set up crew for building out the lot and our electricans – the Bustichi’s, Alexander’s and Strattford’s and many many more.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Our Christmas Tree Lot is coming back by popular demand. We are excited to announce that we once again are in the Christmas tree business. The lot will open the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 27th. Special opening day hours will be 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. We will be open until we sell out. The regular hours are:
- Thursdays 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Fridays 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Sundays 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Please come and support Scotts Valley public schools by purchasing your trees, wreaths, ornaments and poinsettia plants here.
This is a really fun opportunity for students to receive community service hours and an event for the whole family to be involved in. To help out at the lot, please click here Sign Me Up! for a 3.5 hr shift. Sign up today!
Please email us at [email protected] if you are interested in 9 foot or larger trees, to make sure we order enough.
The Christmas tree lot is located at the corner of Scotts Valley Drive and Disc Drive.
We had a great turn out this summer at both of our Music at Sky Park event on July 26th and August 30th. Thank you to our community members, volunteers, sponsors and especially our bands, The Houserockers and City Rocks. Some of the other businesses and individuals who helped make this possible are:
- Annika Bridges
- Aunt Lali’s Mobile Cafe
- Art Docents
- BCI Builders
- Business With Pleasure
- Brook Knoll PTA
- Classified Sound
- City of Scotts Valley
- City Rocks
- Diane Bianconi McNiel
- Dirk Andrews
- Graphic Apparel
- Guitar Showcase
- Jesse Gabriel Photography
- KC Hadley
- Leo’s U Save Liquors
- Los Gallos Taqueria
- Roudon-Smith Winery
- Santa Cruz Pizza Company
- Scotts Valley Advocates
- Scotts Valley Arts Commission
- Scotts Valley City Council
- Scott Valley Kiwanis Club
- Scotts Valley Lions Club
- Scotts Valley Parks & Rec Department
- The Houserockers
- The UPS Store
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
- Vine Hill PTA
- Wendy Dunn-Mehr
Thank you everyone! All proceeds go directly to help our schools!
Scotts Valley Rotary is holding their 4th Annual Oktoberfest and supports SVEF by donating tickets to sell. Please buy your $10. ticket from any of the Scotts Valley Public Schools (in their office) and write your check directly to SVEF. Or contact SVEF at [email protected] Oktoberfest details:
- Date: Friday, October 16, 2009
- Time: Doors Open at 6PM
- Location: Scotts Valley Sports and Event Center – 251 Kings Village Road (across from the SV transit station), Scotts Valley, CA 95066
- Admission: $10 per person, food and drink (full bar) are extra
- Entertainment: Live, Authentic Oktoberfest Band, “The Internationals,” who also perform at the German Oktoberfest in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. Also performing will be Oktoberfest dancers that you are welcome to join.
- Mini Live Auction with prizes including SJ Sharks Tickets and fine jewelry