Our 2nd Community Day is this Saturday!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
What is Scotts Valley Community Day? A day for our WHOLE community to come together to raise much needed money for Scotts Valley public schools, by shopping, dining and playing at local businesses.
What can you do?
1. City-Wide Garage Sales between 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Have a garage sale or bake sale and donate proceeds or spend time shopping around town.
Flea Market – need a place to sell your stuff? Pay just $25 for up to 4 parking spaces, and set up your sales area beginning at 7 a.m. Contact Lisa Fletcher at [email protected] to rent your space. For more information download the flyer here. Please note, we will be accepting donated items. Please deliver them to the flea market at 7 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- SAN AGUSTIN CATHOLIC CHURCH PARKING LOT (257 Glenwood)
- Granite Creek Estates
- Green Hill Estates
- Scotts Valley Heights
- 1 Mountain Valley Dr. – off of Glenwood
- 18 Sherman Ct.
- 241 El Sereno Dr.
- 110 1/2 S. Navarra Dr.
- Loma Linda Court – off Whispering Pines
- Bay Tree Apartments/Laurelwood Condominiums Complex – 800 Flora Ln at Mt Hermon & Hwy 17 (across the street from Quizno’s/Redbrick Pizza) – Garage sale and bake sale
- 17 Blake Lane
- 283 Hacienda Dr. (corner of Grace and Hacienda)
2. Shop, Dine and Play – at local participating businesses. Just look for the red balloons and mention Community Day where you Shop, Dine and Play!
- From 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. at St. Philips Church parking lot at 5271 Scotts Valley Drive.
- Scotts Valley Fire District – 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the fire station and learn all about our Fire District. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 7 Erba Lane.
- Scotts Valley Wastewater – 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the Water Reclamation Facility and learn how it uses state of the art equipment to save costs and resources while being a good neighbor in our community. Free tour. 700 Lundy Lane
- Scotts Valley Police Department – 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the police station and learn all about our Law Enforcement. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 1 Civic Center Drive.
- Scotts Valley Public Library – 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the brand new Scotts Valley Library. 251 Kings Village Road
Desserts & Treats
- Aunt Lali’s Treats (Ice Cream Truck) – 10% of sales
- Baskin Robbins – 15% of proceeds
- Heather’s Made To Go – 15% of proceeds on all drink sales (coffees, 20 different blends of tea lattes, smoothies and more). Receive a $1 off coupon for the next visit. Dogs will enjoy free dog treats. Spend time in the Coffee Garden Patio and receive a free ice cream while supplies last. Patio has free wifi.
- Yogizmo – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
Fun for All
- Canepa Design – 100% of group tours of the Canepa Motorsports Museum where race cars and motorcycles are on display. A tour of the museum, showroom and shop are included. Tour time is 2:00 and is approximately one hour. No reservation is needed. Suggested donation of $3/person and all ages are welcome!
- Drawn2Art – 100% of proceeds from face painting and/or a mini-art lesson. Ages 4 to adult from 3 p.m.-5 p.m. $5/person.
- Elite Martial Arts Academy – 100% of proceeds from “Goal Setting through Board Breaking” seminar. Seminar is from 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. with pizza served afterward. $20 one child, $10 each additional sibling.
- Epic Adventure Games – 10% of proceeds
- LightSpeed Martial Arts Academy – 100% of all new student registration fees for the month of September. Call 438-6068 for information.
- Mission Springs – 100% of proceeds from swinging on the giant swing at Frontier Ranch (please wear closed-toed shoes) – 2:00 p.m – 4:00 p.m. $3 per person – Ages 4 and up.
- Scotts Valley Artisans – 100% of proceeds from Kids Craft Make-n-Takes. Drop by the store between 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and make kids craft projects to take home. $5 per make-n-take (1-3 projects).
- Vargas Academy of Gymnastics – 10% of proceeds from Open Gym, 9-11am and $5 per child
- Wix, Candle and Soap Creations by You – 15% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Bruno’s BBQ – 10% of sales
- Center Street Grill – 10% of sales in Santa Cruz with a free vanilla sundae for kids
- Dawgs! – new sausage/hot dog restaurant – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Jia Tella’s – 10% of sales
- JT’s Next Door – Full Bar – 10% of sales
- Malone’s Grille– 20% of sales
- Mint – 10% of proceeds
- Mollies Country Cafe – 10% of proceeds for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘n’ Bake Pizza – $2 from every pizza ordered in Scotts Valley (no coupons allowed)
- Round Table Pizza – 15% of sales on non-discounted/non-couponed sales in Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz Pasta Factory – 50% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Market – $1 for every sandwich purchased when Community Day is mentioned.
- Taqueria Los Gallos – 10% of sales at either SV location
- Togo’s – 10% of sales in Scotts Valley
- Tony & Albas – 20% donation in Scotts Valley when CommunityDay is mentioned
- Anderson Solar Controls – 10% of post rebate proceeds from a solar PV system – contact on September 10th to schedule an initial meeting. [email protected] or call 831-439-9448
- Bay Federal Credit Union – Free piggy bank with new savings account
- Brass Key Locksmith – $1 for every key duplicated (SV store only)
- Club One Scotts Valley – 100% of discounted guest passes ($10 each). Also, join the
- spin-a-thon from 11-12, 12-1 and/or 1-2 for a minimum donation of $10. Cash or check to SVEF, please.
- DVD To Go – 20% of proceeds
- Elements Salon and Spa – 100% of in store raffle
- Flying Crane Massage – 50% of proceeds for massage appointments in Scotts Valley
- Hestia’s Home Organizing – 100% of proceeds from workshops. “How to Organize a Backpack/Beating the Backpack Hole” is from 2-2:40. “How to Organize a Homework Station/Help for the Homework Zone” is from 3-3:40. Workshop locations are upstairs at Tony & Alba’s and a $10/person donation is suggested.
- Hinde Chiropractic – 50% of proceeds for treatment
- Irish Eyes Beauty – From 9/5 – 9/10, 100% of the purchase price will be donated for selected items (shampoo, conditioner, styling products and makeup)
- Jesse Gabriel Photography – 100% of in store raffle. Go by the studio before September 10th to purchase raffle tickets to win a family portrait session and a free 8×10. Raffle winner drawn on Community Day.
- Lloyd’s Music Studio – 20% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 12% of sales on all services (shipping, copying, etc)
- Rub A Dub Dog – 50% of proceeds from self-serve dog washes with the mention of Community Day
- Scotts Valley Spa & Boutique – 10% of sales on service items (ie. massage, facial, pedicure/manicure, teeth whitening)
- Scotts Valley Transmissions & Auto Care – For the month of September, receive $10 off transmission services with the mention of “Herbie.”
- Skin Essence – 15% of proceeds
- Stylist Abby Duncan at Angles Hair Salon – 100% of proceeds from appointments on 9/10 – Call 334-8250 to schedule
- Tutoring Club of Scotts Valley – $50 for every student who comes in on Community Day and signs up for tutoring
- Zyzyrgy – 25% of the profits of Advanced Cardio screenings for those who want to do a DNA assessment. Click the Zyzyrgy link to the left and My Personal Best Heath can come to your home or help you online.
- Business With Pleasure – 15% of proceeds
- Cali Style – 10% of proceeds
- Encore Consignment Boutique– 20% of proceeds
- Insight Eyecare Center – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- King’s Paint and Paper – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- Mint – 10% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 12% of sales on all store items (school supplies, books, artwork, greeting cards, packing and shipping supplies, etc)
- Scotts Valley Cycle Sport – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Feed – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Jewelers – 20% donated on any purchase of a regularly priced item (excluding loose diamonds) and $5 for every watch battery replacement
- Silpada Designs – Representative Jodie Harris will donate 15% of sales for online purchases and purchases at Skin Essence from 10-3. Also, 10% of sales for parties in September that are booked on Community Day.
- Skov Winery – 20% of wine sales. Tasting room is open from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Enjoy participating in a raffle, as well
- SueDee’s – 5% of proceeds
- Treasures Fine Jewelry Inc. – 5% of proceeds and 20% discount on sterling silver jewelry
- Winchester Auto Parts – 10% of sales when community day is mentioned
- Zinnia’s Scotts Valley – 30% of proceeds from all sale items and 10% of proceeds from all book sales
Business Donations – thank you for your generosity and support!
- Auntie Mame’s
- Balloons To Go!
- Bay Federal Credit Union
- Business With Pleasure
- Core Fitness Pilates Studio
- Heavenly Cafe
- I On Design – Graphic Art
- Moxie Beauty Bar
- The UPS Store
A special thank you to our volunteers!
- Allison Niday
- Ann Sayer
- Becky Mahony
- Charlotte Multer
- Claire Spitzer
- Derek Timm
- Edgar Ross
- Heidi Reynolds
- Interact Club at Scotts Valley High School
- Jane Arcangeli
- Jeanne Mulhern
- Jennifer Hall
- Jenny Bogomilsky
- Jim Reed
- Jordan Rein
- Jordyn Rentz
- Karen Endres
- Kathy Hormel
- Kevin and Lorena Edington
- Khanh Van-Obrecht
- Kim Jones
- Kim LaRiviere
- Kristina Renn
- Lauren Kates
- Lisa Fletcher
- Melissa Grudin
- Mike Mulhern
- Michael Rein
- Monica Reynolds
- Rosanna Herrera
- Terri Hawes
- Terry Rein
- Tricia Timm
- Veronica Joy McElroy
- Wendy Abel
Where did the 2010 Community Day dollars go? – Last year Community Day raised $14,000 for the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation (SVEF). Community Day proceeds will go toward the $55,000 the SVEF is donating for the 2011-2012 school year to pay for Library Aides at all four schools! This is a critical need and a HUGE win for our schools.