In this time of budget cuts and economic challenges, our wallets and our schools are feeling the pinch. We would like to help your wallet AND raise funds for Scotts Valley schools. These Tahoe and local businesses are extending these great deals (up to 50% off) AND contributing 20% to our fundraiser. Please enjoy and share with your friends and family.
Come celebrate Oktoberfest in style!
Join the Scotts Valley Rotary at Malone’s Grande Grill on Saturday, October 8 for a fabulous event.
Music by the Internationals, food, drink, silent auction and other fun activities all to support local educational programs.
You can buy your tickets from the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation for just $5!! All ticket proceeds will go to SVEF to continue to support critical programs and needs at our four schools! Don’t miss out on this fun event – contact any EF member or email [email protected] to get your tickets today!
Dear Scotts Valley Families:
This is the last weekend to purchase these great local deals and help support SVEF. Whether it’s a break from the kitchen at Bruno’s, an annual check up for your pet, or just an ice cream cone to brighten up your day – every deal purchased raises money for SVEF.
Thank you for your support and have a wonderful Summer! Look for future deals from our local merchants who support our schools!
Allison Niday, SVEF President
$30 (retail $62) for Complete Pet Exam at Ocean Animal Clinic BUY
$6 for $10 of Refreshing Baskin Robbins Ice Cream BUY
$7 for $15 of Bruno’s BBQ BUY
$35 for $60 Bike Tune-Up at Scotts Valley Cycle Sport BUY
$20 for $50 Worth of Photo Books and Cards at Mixbook BUY
$67 for $100 Worth of Jewelry at Scotts Valley Jeweler BUY
Share this with your family & friends! Facebook Twitter
up to 33% of deal proceeds goes to SVEF
Our 2nd Community Day is this Saturday!
Saturday, September 10, 2011
What is Scotts Valley Community Day? A day for our WHOLE community to come together to raise much needed money for Scotts Valley public schools, by shopping, dining and playing at local businesses.
What can you do?
1. City-Wide Garage Sales between 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Have a garage sale or bake sale and donate proceeds or spend time shopping around town.
Flea Market – need a place to sell your stuff? Pay just $25 for up to 4 parking spaces, and set up your sales area beginning at 7 a.m. Contact Lisa Fletcher at [email protected] to rent your space. For more information download the flyer here. Please note, we will be accepting donated items. Please deliver them to the flea market at 7 a.m.
- 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- SAN AGUSTIN CATHOLIC CHURCH PARKING LOT (257 Glenwood)
- Granite Creek Estates
- Green Hill Estates
- Scotts Valley Heights
- 1 Mountain Valley Dr. – off of Glenwood
- 18 Sherman Ct.
- 241 El Sereno Dr.
- 110 1/2 S. Navarra Dr.
- Loma Linda Court – off Whispering Pines
- Bay Tree Apartments/Laurelwood Condominiums Complex – 800 Flora Ln at Mt Hermon & Hwy 17 (across the street from Quizno’s/Redbrick Pizza) – Garage sale and bake sale
- 17 Blake Lane
- 283 Hacienda Dr. (corner of Grace and Hacienda)
2. Shop, Dine and Play – at local participating businesses. Just look for the red balloons and mention Community Day where you Shop, Dine and Play!
- From 10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. at St. Philips Church parking lot at 5271 Scotts Valley Drive.
- Scotts Valley Fire District – 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the fire station and learn all about our Fire District. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 7 Erba Lane.
- Scotts Valley Wastewater – 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the Water Reclamation Facility and learn how it uses state of the art equipment to save costs and resources while being a good neighbor in our community. Free tour. 700 Lundy Lane
- Scotts Valley Police Department – 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the police station and learn all about our Law Enforcement. Free tour unless an emergency call comes through. 1 Civic Center Drive.
- Scotts Valley Public Library – 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – All ages are welcome to tour the brand new Scotts Valley Library. 251 Kings Village Road
Desserts & Treats
- Aunt Lali’s Treats (Ice Cream Truck) – 10% of sales
- Baskin Robbins – 15% of proceeds
- Heather’s Made To Go – 15% of proceeds on all drink sales (coffees, 20 different blends of tea lattes, smoothies and more). Receive a $1 off coupon for the next visit. Dogs will enjoy free dog treats. Spend time in the Coffee Garden Patio and receive a free ice cream while supplies last. Patio has free wifi.
- Yogizmo – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
Fun for All
- Canepa Design – 100% of group tours of the Canepa Motorsports Museum where race cars and motorcycles are on display. A tour of the museum, showroom and shop are included. Tour time is 2:00 and is approximately one hour. No reservation is needed. Suggested donation of $3/person and all ages are welcome!
- Drawn2Art – 100% of proceeds from face painting and/or a mini-art lesson. Ages 4 to adult from 3 p.m.-5 p.m. $5/person.
- Elite Martial Arts Academy – 100% of proceeds from “Goal Setting through Board Breaking” seminar. Seminar is from 12:45 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. with pizza served afterward. $20 one child, $10 each additional sibling.
- Epic Adventure Games – 10% of proceeds
- LightSpeed Martial Arts Academy – 100% of all new student registration fees for the month of September. Call 438-6068 for information.
- Mission Springs – 100% of proceeds from swinging on the giant swing at Frontier Ranch (please wear closed-toed shoes) – 2:00 p.m – 4:00 p.m. $3 per person – Ages 4 and up.
- Scotts Valley Artisans – 100% of proceeds from Kids Craft Make-n-Takes. Drop by the store between 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and make kids craft projects to take home. $5 per make-n-take (1-3 projects).
- Vargas Academy of Gymnastics – 10% of proceeds from Open Gym, 9-11am and $5 per child
- Wix, Candle and Soap Creations by You – 15% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Bruno’s BBQ – 10% of sales
- Center Street Grill – 10% of sales in Santa Cruz with a free vanilla sundae for kids
- Dawgs! – new sausage/hot dog restaurant – 10% of proceeds when Community Day is mentioned
- Jia Tella’s – 10% of sales
- JT’s Next Door – Full Bar – 10% of sales
- Malone’s Grille– 20% of sales
- Mint – 10% of proceeds
- Mollies Country Cafe – 10% of proceeds for breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Papa Murphy’s Take ‘n’ Bake Pizza – $2 from every pizza ordered in Scotts Valley (no coupons allowed)
- Round Table Pizza – 15% of sales on non-discounted/non-couponed sales in Scotts Valley
- Santa Cruz Pasta Factory – 50% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Market – $1 for every sandwich purchased when Community Day is mentioned.
- Taqueria Los Gallos – 10% of sales at either SV location
- Togo’s – 10% of sales in Scotts Valley
- Tony & Albas – 20% donation in Scotts Valley when CommunityDay is mentioned
- Anderson Solar Controls – 10% of post rebate proceeds from a solar PV system – contact on September 10th to schedule an initial meeting. [email protected] or call 831-439-9448
- Bay Federal Credit Union – Free piggy bank with new savings account
- Brass Key Locksmith – $1 for every key duplicated (SV store only)
- Club One Scotts Valley – 100% of discounted guest passes ($10 each). Also, join the
- spin-a-thon from 11-12, 12-1 and/or 1-2 for a minimum donation of $10. Cash or check to SVEF, please.
- DVD To Go – 20% of proceeds
- Elements Salon and Spa – 100% of in store raffle
- Flying Crane Massage – 50% of proceeds for massage appointments in Scotts Valley
- Hestia’s Home Organizing – 100% of proceeds from workshops. “How to Organize a Backpack/Beating the Backpack Hole” is from 2-2:40. “How to Organize a Homework Station/Help for the Homework Zone” is from 3-3:40. Workshop locations are upstairs at Tony & Alba’s and a $10/person donation is suggested.
- Hinde Chiropractic – 50% of proceeds for treatment
- Irish Eyes Beauty – From 9/5 – 9/10, 100% of the purchase price will be donated for selected items (shampoo, conditioner, styling products and makeup)
- Jesse Gabriel Photography – 100% of in store raffle. Go by the studio before September 10th to purchase raffle tickets to win a family portrait session and a free 8×10. Raffle winner drawn on Community Day.
- Lloyd’s Music Studio – 20% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 12% of sales on all services (shipping, copying, etc)
- Rub A Dub Dog – 50% of proceeds from self-serve dog washes with the mention of Community Day
- Scotts Valley Spa & Boutique – 10% of sales on service items (ie. massage, facial, pedicure/manicure, teeth whitening)
- Scotts Valley Transmissions & Auto Care – For the month of September, receive $10 off transmission services with the mention of “Herbie.”
- Skin Essence – 15% of proceeds
- Stylist Abby Duncan at Angles Hair Salon – 100% of proceeds from appointments on 9/10 – Call 334-8250 to schedule
- Tutoring Club of Scotts Valley – $50 for every student who comes in on Community Day and signs up for tutoring
- Zyzyrgy – 25% of the profits of Advanced Cardio screenings for those who want to do a DNA assessment. Click the Zyzyrgy link to the left and My Personal Best Heath can come to your home or help you online.
- Business With Pleasure – 15% of proceeds
- Cali Style – 10% of proceeds
- Encore Consignment Boutique– 20% of proceeds
- Insight Eyecare Center – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- King’s Paint and Paper – 10% of proceeds in Scotts Valley
- Mint – 10% of proceeds
- Postal Annex – 12% of sales on all store items (school supplies, books, artwork, greeting cards, packing and shipping supplies, etc)
- Scotts Valley Cycle Sport – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Feed – 5% of proceeds
- Scotts Valley Jewelers – 20% donated on any purchase of a regularly priced item (excluding loose diamonds) and $5 for every watch battery replacement
- Silpada Designs – Representative Jodie Harris will donate 15% of sales for online purchases and purchases at Skin Essence from 10-3. Also, 10% of sales for parties in September that are booked on Community Day.
- Skov Winery – 20% of wine sales. Tasting room is open from 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Enjoy participating in a raffle, as well
- SueDee’s – 5% of proceeds
- Treasures Fine Jewelry Inc. – 5% of proceeds and 20% discount on sterling silver jewelry
- Winchester Auto Parts – 10% of sales when community day is mentioned
- Zinnia’s Scotts Valley – 30% of proceeds from all sale items and 10% of proceeds from all book sales
Business Donations – thank you for your generosity and support!
- Auntie Mame’s
- Balloons To Go!
- Bay Federal Credit Union
- Business With Pleasure
- Core Fitness Pilates Studio
- Heavenly Cafe
- I On Design – Graphic Art
- Moxie Beauty Bar
- The UPS Store
A special thank you to our volunteers!
- Allison Niday
- Ann Sayer
- Becky Mahony
- Charlotte Multer
- Claire Spitzer
- Derek Timm
- Edgar Ross
- Heidi Reynolds
- Interact Club at Scotts Valley High School
- Jane Arcangeli
- Jeanne Mulhern
- Jennifer Hall
- Jenny Bogomilsky
- Jim Reed
- Jordan Rein
- Jordyn Rentz
- Karen Endres
- Kathy Hormel
- Kevin and Lorena Edington
- Khanh Van-Obrecht
- Kim Jones
- Kim LaRiviere
- Kristina Renn
- Lauren Kates
- Lisa Fletcher
- Melissa Grudin
- Mike Mulhern
- Michael Rein
- Monica Reynolds
- Rosanna Herrera
- Terri Hawes
- Terry Rein
- Tricia Timm
- Veronica Joy McElroy
- Wendy Abel
Where did the 2010 Community Day dollars go? – Last year Community Day raised $14,000 for the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation (SVEF). Community Day proceeds will go toward the $55,000 the SVEF is donating for the 2011-2012 school year to pay for Library Aides at all four schools! This is a critical need and a HUGE win for our schools.
Unfortunately, we are canceling the group ride again, due to the rain. We will try again next week. Better weather is coming, Spring is almost here!
Group Ride tomorrow, Saturday March 19th 9:00 a.m.
We had a great training ride last weekend with Aura. This Saturday George will lead out a group ride on Saturday March 19th at 9:00 a.m. Riders will meet at Scotts Valley Cycle Sport at 245-J Mt. Hermon Road, in Scotts Valley. Email George, if you have questions.
The ride will be weather permitting. Helmets are required.
If you aren’t registered yet, see our events page.
You have until April 1 to get your logo or name on the t-shirt, sponsor soon to get on our next advertisement, website and t-shirt. You can become a sponsor of the ride with three levels to choose from. Click on the sponsorship link on our events page also. Riders are encouraged to get pledges for the ride by selling raffle tickets and soliciting corporate and private sponsorships and donations, which are all tax deductible.
We appreciate all our sponsors, raffle prize donors and volunteers!
The SVEF Mt. Charlie Challenge Team
Scotts Valley Educational Foundation
Happy Holidays Everyone!
Tis the season to enjoy all of our holidays, family and friends! I personally wish all of you all the very best for the holidays and a Happy New Year to come.
As I approach the end of my SVEF Presidency, I would like to thank the hundreds of volunteers that help to make the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation a continuing success. We have such great support from our schools, students, families, service clubs and the community. I can’t thank you all enough for you efforts and devotion to the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation
This year we have raised $110,606 that will all go our schools. We raise money through our events and Dollar a Day campaign. See the breakdown below:
- Mt. Charlie Challenge – $29,608
- Business Partnership Program – $5,166
- Dollar A Day Campaign – $57,885
- Community Day – $14,988
- Miscellaneous donations – $2,959
We estimate that we will make over $10,000 on the tree lot (not included in the amount above).
I am please to announce that Allison Niday will be the new SVEF President for the New Year. Allison’s energy and commitment will keep SVEF a vital community organization.
We will not hold our December meeting this month will will resume January 20th.
Because of projected State budget cuts, our District will be forced to cut $950,000 from the 2011-2012 school year and another $950,000 from the 2012-2013 school year. Our schools and our children need your help. Without it we face the potential of increased class sizes, closure of the libraries, elimination of custodians and even a shorten school year. Read more about it in this week’s Press Banner Article.
We are suggesting $365 per student. There are two ways to donate money by paypal; click on the paypal button to make monthly payments or click on the paypal button to make a one time donation in any amount. Click here to donate by paypal.
Checks can be made out to Scotts Valley Educational Foundation and mailed to:
Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.
Round Table Pizza of Scotts Valley is raising funds for our schools along with serving up some fantastic food.
Round Table will donate 15% of an order’s revenue to Scotts Valley Educational Foundation when you mention this SVEF promotion during the month of September. This offer goes to September 30, 2010 and is for the purchase of non-promotional menu items with no coupons or discounts being used.