The Mt. Charlie Challenge ride is less than two weeks away. Registration will be open that morning, but you are not guaranteed a t-shirt/goodie bag, if we don’t know that you are doing the ride.
- Check-In and Registration is at 7-7:45am
- Rain or Shine – but we expect a great day!
- Bring all pledges that you have collected in an envelope with your name on it, along with raffle tickets to turn in. Or if you have some now, we would love to come pick them up, so contact us at the numbers or emails below.
- If you paid a $55 registration fee and don’t have pledges to turn in, please plan on donating the $45. balance at check-in, which brings you up to the $100 minimum ($55. reg fee + $45. donation).
- The mass start is at 8:00am for the 100k and the 50k will go out right afterwards. We would like to get you all in the one incredible photo, so please plan to be there at 7:45 am for that
At the check-in and registration area, there will be a table with the information and
forms listed immediately below. As part of the County requirements for a permit our riders must sign a “conditions agreement”, along with our standard waiver at the time of check in. Please bring your ID.
The conditions agreement and waiver were sent to riders in an email, so they can pre-read them and sign when checking in. Here’s the forms and information you’ll find at the check-in tables:
- Rider Waiver
- County’s conditions agreement
- Additional registration forms for new riders
- Maps of each route – they have support phone numbers on them
- Full listing of turns for both routes
If you haven’t signed up and plan on doing the ride, please let us know. It is really hard to get the right amount of food and t-shirts if we don’t know you are participating.
Pre-Ride Tune Up. Scott Valley Cycle Sport will have a mechanic on duty before the ride to fine-tune or trouble-shoot any last-minute problems with your bike.
Due to the bad weather over the past month Highland Way has been washed out again, therefore, the route will not go down Eureka Canyon, as it has in the past. It will now go from Summit down San Jose – Soquel to Soquel to Freedom Blvd. This will make the ride a few miles longer instead of 62. You can decide to go part of the way and turn around before the Corralitos rest stop, or not. We will be posting a new map on the website this week.
Rest stops and SAG support:
- The SAG vehicle and all rest stops will have some first aid and water. The SAG crew can pick up any riders, if help is needed or have just had enough.
- Rest stops will have a list of riders, so please let them know when you come through.
- Rest stops will have food, drinks and happy faces.
- Rest stops and SAG finish up at 2:00, so let them know if you would like a ride back.
Come back to Skypark behind the recreation building and join in our family BBQ – FREE for riders! We’ll have live music. Invite your family and friends to meet you there.
Lunch is served between 11:30 and 3. We will have skirt steak, chicken, hot dogs and veggie burgers, along with salad, fruit, garlic bread, drinks and desserts. Additional lunch tickets can be purchased there.
We will hold our raffle at 2:00. We’ll be giving away a brand new cruiser bike from Scotts Valley Cycle Sport, along with quite a few other prizes.
Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, April 23for another AWESOME Mt. Charlie Challenge.
Check out our $1,000 sponsors:
Our $500 sponsors:
- Anderson Solar Controls
- Central Coast Oncology & Hematology
- Edward Jones
- SVUSD School Board members
- Soy Vay
And our $250 sponsors
- Awaken Massage Therapy
- Carlos and Jane Arcangeli
- Charlotte and David Multer
- Choi’s Tae Kwon Do
- E. John Baron, DDS
- Fanucci Auto Body, Inc
- George H. Wilson, Inc
- Joseph and Heidi Fisher
- Kevin and Lidia Hasenauer
- Lighthouse Bank
- Lintelle Engineering
- Matco Tools – Steve Torres
- Paul Kilzer
- Portola Surf Shop
- Santa Cruz Auto Parts
- Sandra and Kevin McEntee
- Scarborough Lumber Ace Hardware
- The Spokesman Bicycles
- Scotts Valley Cycle Sport
- Scotts Valley Patch
- Susan Silver
- SV Education Association
- SV Kiwanis
- Treasures Jewelry
We appreciate any donation you or folks you know would like to give! A special THANK YOU to our sponsors!